MF - IMS DBA
Roles and responsibilities:
- Participation in various projects including Upgrade Project Work Software and tools installs and upgrades.
- Supporting utilizing both System Programming and Database Administration skills for ADABAS/Natural
- BAU problem and change 24/7
- Supporting the business in the install, maintenance and upgrade of applications
- Supporting the business during the install of IBM products to ensure application compatibility.
- System and application performance monitoring and tuning
- Log handling and ADABAS database Housekeeping and recoveries
- Maintaining application housekeeping
- Assisting the business in operational application recovery
- Disaster Recovery - systems and application
- ADABAS/Natural and all related subproducts for z/OS
- In-depth Knowledge of ADABAS/Natural utilities at both a system and application level
- Working knowledge of Predict/PAC/Fast path/ADACACHE/Vista for both system and application administration.
- Fix identification and application using AMASPZAP.
- Review - both application and system monitoring
- Operational application recovery using ADABAS utilities.
- Disaster Recovery - system restore and application recovery in a DR scenario.
- In-depth knowledge of ADABAS direct calls coding and optimization